First, jeans for my boy. I'd been wanting to get these done for ages, but kept putting them off. Its Spring, so I was hoping to put them off until next Winter, but he completely wore out his favourite pants (cord camo pants that I made him two years' ago) so he really needed another pair. These are made from Black Hemp Denim, which was quite nice to sew, but my machines were driving me crazy today. The actual amount of sewing I did and time it took - I could have made at least two pairs or maybe three. I had trouble doing corners with the coverstitch machine, which I expected, but this was made much worse by the fact that the coverstitch machine sometimes just doesn't do the stitches properly. So I'd finally get a corner nice, and the machine wouldn't have made the whole stitch so there would be a big gap. I unpicked the pockets soooo many times.
Anyway, here's the pics. And the pattern is from Ottobre 1/06, number 27. There are still a few little chalk marks there that I forgot to wipe off!
Then, I realised I'd made two things for my son and nothing for my oldest daughter, so I quickly sewed up a t-shirt I'd had cut out for her for a while. Nothing exciting. Plain yellow, hemp/organic cotton jersey, dyed with fibre reactive dyes. She's decided her favourite colour is yellow, but I have always made her pink or red clothes, so she should like this t-shirt. The yellow colour is actually brighter then the picture is showing.
And finally, I finished a pair of knitted shorties for my bub. They're made from organic wool, hand dyed with food colouring, and are yet another in her collection of lovely nappy covers. Once again the colour hasn't shown up all that well, but they're a nice, variagated red and pink.