Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Beaded top and matching pants






Okay, there'll be heaps of pics of this. This is one of my favourite ever outfits. Inspired by a picture of someone else's creation posted on the Ottobre Yahoo list, I have made a top with contrast sleeves and frill. The pattern is from the 1/06 Ottobre. It looks so great. As we're coming into winter I've also made a plain red long sleeve tee that could go underneath for colder days. To match this, I made red drill jeans with contrast leg bottoms using fabric from the top - also using the idea of someone else's creation on Ottobre Yahoo. So I am very grateful to the fantastic, creative person who made the original garments in bright fabrics with contrasting patterns.

I am planning on making two more tops using this pattern - one in pink broderie anglaise (sp?) and one in pink gingham, so both a lot lighter, and some pale blue denim jeans to go with them. I'll also do a white long sleeve tee for underneath. Just have to find some more time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment