Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No sewing tonight

Last night we went out and it was a little late when we got home (late for kids, that is). I had to get the babies in bed before the big kids, so in the end, the kids weren't all asleep until about 11pm. Then I had a few quick things to do (like clothes washing) and just as I was heading to bed my toddler started waking and crying loudly; it was as though she was trying to wake the others, although I know that she wasn't. Anyway, in the end I didn't get to sleep until about 4am, and strangely, the kids all still woke before 7am. Needless to say, I'm too tired to even cut out my next sewing task tonight. I'm just going to post a couple of pics, sort some washing and get to bed.


Yesterday I made some bookplates. I'm guessing most people know what these are, but just incase ... they are little bits of paper, usually with some sort of decoration (picture, swirls or whatever) and a place to write your name. You stick them into the front of your books.




The blue one in the second picture is the envelope that they went in. It was printed with Print Gocco. On the back of each little piece of paper I've put a strip of double sided tape, so it can just be peeled and stuck into books.

I also made a beaded dragonfly bobby pin.

For my niece's birthday (which was one of the birthday's we were celebrating last night) we gave her a little parcel of a few things, including bookplates and a dragonfly bobby pin. There was also some writing paper, a book mark, and other things that I can't remember now in my current weary state! They were sort of trendy stationery things from the shop Kikki.K. Actually, the bobby pin that we gave her wasn't the one pictured here, but one I made earlier and forgot to photograph. It was basically the same though.

No comments:

Post a Comment